Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Resistance



The Bitter Spiritualist had an old friend stop by today for a visit. He's a bit of a bore, nothing he says is of any interest. I can't get any writing done while he blathers on. I've been trying to get rid of him all afternoon, most of my life actually, but this prick really has trouble taking a hint.

I thought I'd send him off with a few quotes. Looked them up while he was here. Very rude of me.


“What is happiness? The feeling that power increases - that resistance is being overcome” Friedrich Nietzsche

“Paralyze resistance with persistence” Woody Hayes

“The path of least resistance is the path of the loser.” H. G. Wells

"Courage is the resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear." Mark Twain

“All in all, punishment hardens and renders people more insensible; it concentrates; it increases the feeling of estrangement; it strengthens the power of resistance.” Friedrich Nietzsche

“The path of least resistance makes all rivers, and some men, crooked.” Napoleon Hill

“At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice.” Maya Angelou

“Forget all rules, forget all restrictions, as to taste, as to what ought to be said, write for the pleasure of it -- whether slowly or fast -- every form of resistance to a complete release should be abandoned.” William Carlos Williams

“To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.” Sun Tzu

“Do not conquer the world with force, for force only causes resistance. Thorns spring up when an army passes. Years of misery follow a great victory. Do only what needs to be done without using violence.” Tao Te Ching

“Resistance is useless.” Doctor Who

"Try to find the path of least resistance and use it without harming others. Live with integrity and morality, not only with people but with all beings." Steven Seagal (I assume this is more of a do as I say, not as I do quote)

"Resistance is futile" Borg

Farewell my friend. I've given you a Mark Twain, Kung Fu, Ubermensch, Borg send off. Funny I have trouble spelling your name, please take it personally. Your schtick is old. Piss off bucko, I mean, I thank you for your time and effort, your unique skills are no longer required.





1 comment:

  1. Ah resistance...i seem to know this friend of yours too well. Surrender is THE perfect solution! Nice work telling the resistance to go f-off. Surrender Surrender let it all come out and go. The resistance is no match for your power. Go get 'em.

    ReplyDelete